Our expert for this topic is Andrew A. Kimler, Esq., partner at Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP. Andrew heads the Employment Law, Commercial Litigation, and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practices and is a key member of the LGBTQ Representation Practice. He regularly writes and lectures on employment law matters.
Andrew will lead a conversation around the following topics:
• What organizations should consider when reopening.
• How to make employees feel comfortable, and what special accommodations employees may be entitled to.
• What can employees do if they feel they aren't properly protected.
• Can employees be required to wear face masks or other PPE?
• Can employees who refuse to return to work be terminated?
• Can employers send employees home or demand they stay home?
• How to navigate going back to work with childcare challenges.
• Can business owners who reopened but aren't profitable still file for unemployment? Can they re-close and file for unemployment?
• Is there business rent relief for closed businesses? Can landlords demand past rent for the time closed?
Andrew can be reached at email@example.com and 516.437.4385 x122.